Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Lil' Man is Growing Up, But Still Needs Mommy!

So, today Chicago was "helping" me sweep outside in the carport. He loves the broom (and vacuum too) and so it was fun to allow him to help. He's been walking around EVERYWHERE, but there is inevitably a tumble here or there. So today, he tumbled, but not wanting to let go of the broom, he actually squished his fingers a bit between the carport and holding the broom. Poor guy! He starts bawling. I take him inside, wash off his little fingers. He was more mad than anything and didn't want to go inside or leave the broom, but his little fingers hurt too badly! So, then I grabbed his milk and headed for the couch with him. He sat there a few minutes drinking continually, and as I was talking to him softly, he nodded off to sleep. Now, this is the first time in a long time that he's fallen asleep in my arms. He is now able to fall asleep on his own in his crib....so I wanted to cherish this moment as long as I could. I even shed a tear thinking of my lil' man growing up. So, in those moments of debating to take him to his crib and risk him waking up, I sat there thinking of Chicago-isms.

1. He paces. Because our apartment is small, and because Chicago is VERY active, he paces around the house this way and that. (by the way, I LOVE having a small apartment for this very fact! :))

2. He waves hello and goodbye and is quite friendly, well, as long as Mommy or Daddy are within earshot.

3. He loves to say "eh eh" (our version of "no", not on purpose) right before he's about to do something naughty. (I guess it's like a warning to us :))

4. When I ask him if he's hungry, he warbles his tongue back and forth, thinking he's using words. :)

5. When I ask him to get his crackers, he goes to the cupboard and pulls out the goldfish bag, or the saltines, then brings them to me. I give him a few, and he then shares with November.

6. He likes to put his arms behind his back when he's running from us.

7. He's pointing at everything and especially loves the rock bed in the front.

8. He loves the vacuum, like I mentioned earlier, but he actually will follow me around the room trying to touch the wheels while I'm cleaning.

9.  He is very musical and started dancing this morning to some Hawaiian tunes we have.

10. Whenever my phone rings, or I get a text, he immediately says "Da da?"

Well, I have no pictures today, but hopefully you are able to picture some of these moments with me. I enjoy the little things my son is learning everyday and am amazed at what he has even learned this week! Thanks for reading! I will post pictures soon....when I bring the camera home from church.

Have a great day!
Hugs and Love,
Brittany

1 comment: